Sorry again... I've been really bad with keeping up with this and I apologize for that!! A lot has happened since my last post, including the creation of a new blog, www.eatinginisrael.blogspot.com. I realized that food is playing a major role in my experience here and I wanted to create a blog dedicated to it. I will be updating both of these blogs on a regular basis now that I have a pretty finalized schedule!
Happy Chanukah to all of my fellow tribe members out there by the way!! I have to say that I miss the holiday season and spirit in New York City. It doesn't feel like Chanukah to me here. I don't know if its the lack of snow, the cold, window displays or the never ending Christmas songs on the radio. I equate Chanukah with winter and the holidays that come with it. So yes, I find it hard to believe its Chanukah with out having its sister holiday, Christmas, present. No, I don't celebrate both holidays, but the general fun holiday spirt is missing in Israel. I guess they just don't do Chanukah here like we Americans do it back home.
On a side note, well maybe not really a side note, there are doughnuts EVERYWHERE here right now. I have yet to have one, and its been quite the battle, but I think I'm going to have to cave in and grab one from Roladin tomorrow!!! I will write up a full review of Roladin and their doughnuts :) which are said to be small, but the best you can find here!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment